- I'm in love with Sonya Review by Laurie
In Purple Fuchsia and 3X, Sonya makes me feel like a Princess. I'm between sizes so I chose the bigger size and it fits me very nicely. I like things a tad larger and the ties at the back and laced bodice are perfect for adjustments. The material is amazingly soft and the drape of the dress is beautiful. I've been swishing around like a little girl!
I haven't worn it out yet. As it is the first garment I've ordered from HC, I planned that it would be worn as a casual dress. Now that I've fallen in love with it, I will wear it to the family lunch that we're having for my 70th birthday in a month's time.
Thank you so much for making these delicious clothes in such gorgeous colours and thanks for the prompt postage. (Posted on 3/1/13)
- Wonderful dress for a day out & work. Review by Hope
- I actually bought this dress to wear at work. I worked at a costume design house, so we were able to wear clothing that was a bit more casual. I love the sleeves! I was able to wear my favorite bangles from India with this and received a lot of compliments from my coworkers. I also love this dress because it keeps me cool even if I am out and about. The back is also very nice too. I like that it has elastic in the back neck area, which prevents any gaping in the front. This dress was a bit short on me, but allowed me to wear a cute pair of bohemian style sandals or wedges. This dress is fantastic for those who love to accessorize with jewelry and cute shoes. (Posted on 9/13/12)
- Pretty, nice fit. Review by Beth K.
- I purchased Sonya in burgundy wine and a size 3x. I am 5'8" and it was a little bit shorter than I expected, but the hem still drapes beautifully. The front ties allow for a little bit of ease if necessary and the back tie allows the dress to be shaped for a good fit at the waist and hip. The color is rich and a true red wine color, it was darker than it appears in the photos. This is a lovely, comfortable dress. (Posted on 5/31/12)
- Just beautiful Review by Mainely Accents
- The dress fits perfectly and is just right for length (I'm 5'5") in a 2X. I got the burgundy wine and want one in white next. Hint, hint ~ I need more dress money to buy more HC! (Posted on 3/13/12)
- Best all around dress Review by Lorelei A.
- I slipped this jewel of a dress on, and when I looked in the mirror, the plain, middle-aged woman I usually see had been transformed into a vision of Celtic grace. With just the right balance of simplicity and elegance, Sonya is a delicately embroidered dream come true. (Posted on 3/13/12)
- What a dress! Review by Isabel
I love this dress. I bought it to wear to my second son's wedding. As with the other reviews, it was comfortable, it draped perfectly and I received many compliments from people at the wedding. I think I may have to do some more shopping this spring with y'all!
(Posted on 2/25/12)
- Simply Divine Review by Charlayne
I got the Sonya in Blue Divine and ordered it with the 2-4 day shipping on Friday. It came in on Monday, a big surprise that it came in so quickly. The dress was a bit lighter than the picture showed but after putting it on and modeling it for my beloved husband, he said it matched my eyes and that he loves it on me. It feels wonderful and I cannot wait to get the jewelry to go with it and take it with me to my daughter's wedding. I'm planning on wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, where I have the Timandra in burgundy to wear for the ceremony! I love the Holy Clothing line and am already planning on buying my next one to start my spring and summer dresses. These are beautiful, they feel wonderful, they hang well, and they wear well. They are also so well made that they can be worn to nice and formal events.
(Posted on 2/14/12)
- Beautiful dress Review by SharaHeat
- I have purchased one of these dresses and got complements the first time I wore it. I have purchased two other dresses and two tops and love them all! (Posted on 1/12/12)
- Comfy dress! Review by Amber
The dress in the back has a square neck & a tie back. I have a very short torso, so the tie in the back made it so I needed to alter the dress to petite. (Read short.) As I began to unpick the seams I noted that the dress was dyed after construction. Also the embroidery is done over the seams in the front, so I wasn't able to add bust darts which would have made it fit better.
However, after completing the alterations, I have to say this is one of the most comfortable dresses I have ever owned! The embroidery adds a weight that makes the rayon drape fantastically! I received many compliments, and I'm tempted to get another of this style in a different color. (Posted on 7/26/11)